Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mordheim!

It's been a while but I finally found the battery charger for my camera so I have some updates to do. First of is something brand new from today, a Night Goblin Mordheim warband! The rules aren't official but they seen pretty balanced. If anyone has complaints I can change them up or alter the rules a bit so they aren't over powered. Most of the units are straight from the original Orcs and Goblins warband. The big change is adding goblin heros and the fanatics which I'm not using yet. The fanatics require a constant upkeep which could cripple me in the early game and they don't gain experience so I can't really justify it to start. They're also a bit on the expensive side so I think I'll leave them for later in development of the warband. Anyways, here are pictures:

Photobucket
Group shot of the whole warband, sans squigs. Close ups follow

Photobucket
A close up of the two main heros, a goblin shaman and a big boss. I think these two models look really cool.

Photobucket
The mob of lesser heros, for now anyways. Their weaponry ranges from clubs and daggers to squig probbers, the three pronged thing on the left

Photobucket
A couple of head bashing goblins, though they probably wont reach heads...maybe knee bashing?

Photobucket
The back row and artillery support for my warband, a trio of short bow goblins.

Photobucket
I also put together a few models that I thought would be cool and I might use later on, in this case a troll and two fanatics

Having not actually played any Mordheim yet I'm not sure how they'll fair but I've gotten the basics down I think. Take as many heros as you can as they're your income. Try to make sure they have some ranged as well as melee so they can always be doing something in combat, that lucky shot might net them some experience. Try and have a multiple of four plus one. It may not seem like I did that last one but with the five squigs I included but don't have models for yet, that puts me at 17 which makes it necessary to take out a hefty 5 models to force a rout test for me. Following all of that I managed, some how, to make a list which takes up all of the starting 500 gold coins and follows all of the basic rules for starting a new warband.


There are a number of other updates which I will be posting over the coming days. I have gotten more for my ogres as well as having a plan and magnetizing my empire. My Necromunda gangs and models have slowly been increasing in number as well. Progress has been slow for a while but I seem to be picking back up again. Omega-3 Fatty Acids apparently help with ADD, who would have thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment