Monday, January 25, 2010

Deathwing Command

I finished up the Watchers today as well as redoing some of the paint on Baliel. All that remains to do is to name my Master of the Deathwing. Here are the finished models:
Photobucket
I re-did Baliels highlights as freehand instead of just dry-brushing. I like that method better as it gives me generally more control. I also redid his hood and his face to fix his eyes which bulged a bit. I also added the stubble as well as eyebrows which you can't see.

The watchers went as well as I could have hoped. It took quite a few layers of white to get the robes right but once I put on the wash everything pops beautifully. The banner probably took the most time though as it was a lot of small details intermeshed. You can barely tell in the picture but the banner is black in the middle and is edged with green. I may have to highlight part of it with the lighter green to make it show up better. The helmet wasn't really very hard as everything on it was stuff I had done before, just some highlighting and eye gemming. The last thing to decide for the Watchers is if I want to add any grass to either of their bases.

All in all I think the Master and his Wound counters look really good and is some of my best work. I did all of it while listening to 40k Radio, a Warhammer podcast I found yesterday. They were discussing the new Tyranids Codex for a large part of the cast and I have to say that it sounds really cool. I am all of a sudden glad that my Deathwing army is all Fearless though as it means I can avoid a lot of their more annoying abilities.

Last night a started thinking about the Ravenwing and looked into them. Sammael is incredibly powerful and might be a better HQ than Baliel. I might have to start thinking about adding him into my army, perhaps for Apocalypse games or making an entirely new army.

No comments:

Post a Comment