Saturday, January 23, 2010

Welcome

I have a couple different projects going on right now, a dwarven army and a Dark Angels successor chapter, Disciples of Caliban. The Disciples are my primary focus. Within the DA army I have a couple of separate projects which I will be posting more information about, as well as pictures, later on.

The first of my projects is an attempt at modeling with green-stuff. I have never had a chance to work with green-stuff before so I'm exited. I am modifying a pair of knight goblin spearmen to be a pair of Watchers in the Dark to be wound counters for my version of Belial. I've finished Belial previously and here he is:
Photobucket
I made his arms magnetized so I could swap them out for the double Lightning Claws if I ever wanted to. Along with the wound counters, I'm also making a small Squig objective.

I also recently bought a pack of melee Termies which I haven't even started yet. They'll be used to make a third squad for my Deathwing army. The models themselves will probably be spread out among the the other two squads and used to complete a third so that each of my squads is more versatile in switching between melee and range. The ability to diversify each individual squad is one of the advantages of a Deathwing army over the other Terminator heavy armies. They do need to be constructed and then painted however. The squads I currently have also need to be painted so I may build the melee termies and then paint full squads so that I can play with a 1000pt army as soon as possible. They will take a while as I intend to magnetize them all so I choose between thunder hammers and lightning claws.

The final part to my Disciples army is just a whole lot of painting. I have a couple partially completed squads as well as some assault marines, an ironclad dreadnought, a Ravenwing squad, and all of my vehicles which still need to me painted. I simply need to work on painting my squads but I still need to decide on a paint scheme for my vehicles. I'd like to stick with the partially green and black but I need to decide which parts.

There are also a few odds and ends scattered around which I could probably use to make some more marine squads or possibly a Devastator squad. I have also been thinking about modding up some characters or heroes such as a chaplain or a librarian of some kind. Those will probably stay scattered until I get my Deathwing army done or mostly done anyways.

The Dwarves have all been constructed but not primed or painted yet. As I said they're on the back burner so I probably won't get to them for some time. I haven't had a chance to really read through the rules for Fantasy Warhammer or the Dwarves specifically so that would be first priority for that army.



That's a synopsis of where I'm at right now with my my armies. I'll work to put up some more pictures over the next few days.

p.s. Watchers in the Dark are part of the Dark Angels lore. They are mythical residents of Caliban, the planet to which Lion El'Jonson (the primarch of the Dark Angels) inhabited, but are now residents of The Rock, which is the fortress monestary and the largest remaining piece of the planet Caliban. They take care of the Lion in the catacombs below The Rock. For further information I refer you to the Lexicanum.

No comments:

Post a Comment