Friday, March 5, 2010

Deathwing Update

I've been getting bits of progress done on my deathwing for a while, nothing big enough to really warrant a full update until now. Here's the progress:
Photobucket

I have a second shooty squad part way through painting on the right. Most of them are just glued on accept for special equipment such as the assault cannon, and chainfist. the sergeants sword is also magnetized though that's more for packing than for swapping.

The third shooty squad is made up of the bits in the fore ground. I have the sergeants body and the assault cannons body put together but I forgot to include them. I think I will probably put this squad together like I did the second shooty squad because not all of the storm bolters and power fists really need to be magnetized and I don't really have the magnets for that right now.

After the success of the sergeants face for my assault squad I realized that a face was a good way to distinguish them and I have started to do that. You can see the second face on the sergeant of the assault squad front and center. That squad is fully magnetized and only needs to be based to be ready for priming. I built them up the same as the other assault squad but I will be able to change it around if I need.

On the left is the newly primed land speeder from the ravenwing attack squad I'm putting together. He's a bit points heavy for the standard make up for my deathwing list but I want to give the deepstrike list a shot and the land speeder gives some fierce fire power. I also chose it as an option for Apocalypse games to be used in a formation with some whirlwind tanks. I am in the process of building the first of the tanks for that formation as well.

Since I have 1000pts of empire put together that has moved to the back burner. I also got a bit sick of painting so I switched away from the kill team for now. There is a Kill Team event going on this Saturday which I hope to make it to but we'll see. I don't really know how well the squad will work but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment