Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scout Sniper PiP

I worked away on one of my scouts tonight. I think he turned out pretty well with a few exceptions. Here he is:
Photobucket

That was my first attempt at camo and it worked out much better than I expected. One half of the face is perfect and probably the best I have ever done but the other half is rather disappointing. Over all though, I like the model a lot so far. There are a few remaining touch ups to do which I should be able to do tomorrow and hopefully get some work done on the other scouts as well. Maybe I can get my dread and a few other bits primed as well.

I got a chance to play a kill team with naught but a Venerable Dreadnought and it was impressive. Once all the worrying ranged weapons were taken care of the melee began with only grenades being able to do any damage to me. Considering it was a 1/324 chance of doing anything what so ever, it went slowly but steadily in my favor. The Space Wolves and Imperial Guard steadily died off and failed their leadership rolls. I think it's something I'm going to have to look at further to test out for the tournament in a couple weeks. It could potentially be very weak if I don't manage to take out the heavy weapons right off the bat but otherwise it is heavily in my favor. It's a lot like my deathwing army in that respect, potentially very weak if played badly or dice are against me but can go quite well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment