Friday, March 5, 2010

Choices, choices

I got the new plastic Venerable Dreadnought today since I pre-ordered it and I need to start deciding on what I want to do with it. The kit comes with a lot of options and it's a bit overwhelming. The first of which is the arms:
Photobucket

There are three different shoulder choices with the options shows there and a list of famouse battle as the base options. I have opted to not have any of the names showing in the places I can avoid it, it's just not what I want for my ven dread. I don't like the top of the left most shoulder but I like the rest. The top that I like the most is the one on the far right. I'm not sure how bad the names showing up behind the arches is going to be so I'm a bit hesitant about that. The center one is the best over all but not the best in any area. There is a down side to the two on the left that I would also have to magnetize the ammo containers over the squares you see. That's another reason to lean towards the right most arm. I'll probably end up choosing that one. Along the top you can also see the bits for the sweet new power fist. I'll have to magnetize the heavy flamer and storm bolter if I want to swap them out though I never do so far. Feedback would be good on that.

Another tough area of choice is the sarcophagus and head. Here are some choices I've put together so I can personalize it a bit more:
Photobucket

The upper left corner has the side panels I intend to use but I have to choose the head and if I want a sarcophagus cover. The head options are a hood like the upper left and lower right and the terminator helm like the upper right and lower left. I like the idea of the terminator helm as it connects the dreadnought to the rest of my deathwing army and since the Dark Angel venerable dreadnoughts are meant to be those terminators who were entombed, it makes sense. The hooded head would tie the dreadnought in with the dark angels feel a bit more. I have a couple other heads in hoods, some of them helms underneath which might make more sense. There are also some helms with Dark Angels iconography on them which would distinguish the dreadnought as well. Choices, choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment