Monday, March 22, 2010

Necromunda Figures

I've been slowly building up my gang in Necromunda as the game advances. I really enjoy the RPG aspect of it with each of the members advancing in their own unique way. I started out modifying each of the figures as advancements came along but I soon realized that was no a great idea as it took a lot of work and would reduce the re-usability of the models should the character die. Instead, I am now creating new models for every situation. Anyways, here they are:
Photobucket

The guy who looks out of place on the right is a Ratskin scout, a hired gun, who I'm planning on using. He adds the possibility of getting a new territory after each game I win. This could be quite lucrative once I get more guys and it would allow me to actually sustain a larger gang. There are three juvies in the back with pistols and knives, two of them with las pistols and the last with an auto-pistol. The outside back figures have lasguns with the one on the right having a scope attached. There's another lasgunner in the middle left who has a medic pack from the modifications early on. The rest of that row consists of a gunfighter with two pistols, a plasma gun which is currently one in a million (i.e. no ammo rolls), and a shotgunner who, in the current gang, has rapid fire for the shotgun and marksman which gives him a 27" range. The last two in the front row are the leader with a chainsword and plasma pistol and a heavy with my version of a heavy stubber who I don't actually use right now as he was captured and sold into slaver after my third game.

The little white lines on the bases that you can see in the front are to determine facing. This is important for a number of things including overwatch. A unit on overwatch can fire at anything that moves within a 90 degree arc. This is one of the more advanced aspects of the rules we're hoping to get started in the game now that we have the basic mechanics down. I've also ordered some interesting terrain from here which should spice up the game a bit more.

The GW manager at my store and myself tend to be overpowering other people playing so I'm thinking of starting over with my gang. This won't be hard since the numbers of my figures has been increasing and has a good variety to it. I will probably keep the current sheet for The Jau, my gang, to play against him and later on against other in the store, once they improve their gangs a bit. Most of the other players barely even have their figures much less any painting done so I feel fine re-using the figures I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment