Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chapter Feel

I've been thinking a bit about the general feel of my army and the possible iconography to include on their armor. I really like the background of the Dark Angels as well as the Deathwing army format so that's absolutely something I want to stick with. I also find myself drawn to the Black Templar though due to their crusade format and the added details on their armor so I've been trying to join the feel of the two armies. The Disciples of Caliban are described as a very mobile army, constantly on the hunt for Fallen Angels as well as Cypher in specific. This means they are basically on something of a crusade already. The idea of a hunt also appeals to me. I could then have a number of 'hunts' named after the Fallen which was captured and perhaps have a specific symbol for Cypher which I could include on the armor of some of the models denoting how many times they have been on the hunt for Cypher.

I'll have to look up different Fallen Angels as well as brainstorm different hunt symbols. It strikes me that the Fallen themselves may suggest symbols themselves though so we'll have to see. I also need to look up again how to print your own transfer sheet or work on getting better at painting small details because the i have yet to paint the Disciples symbol, which is on the side of the Land Raider, on to any shoulder pads.

I probably won't get any modeling or painting done to day. I've been needing a break and I have errands I need to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment