Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Empire Contruction

I've gotten a decent amount of work done today on constructing my Empire amry. I've gotten half the swordsman done, all the knights and handgunners as well as the warrior priest and general. Here they all are:
Photobucket

The army is shaping up nicely and I've worked on getting them based as well. All the horse bases still need it but the foot soldiers are good to be primed. I need to decide how I'm going to prime them however. Black would be good for the metallics but white would make the colors pop more. So far I'm thinking I'll prime the knights black since they're mostly metallics and the foot soldiers white as they're more colorful. We'll see if that's what I stick with. I'm also a bit worried about the knights and managing to get them to fit rank and file. I plan on pinning them first so I may be able to adjust them a bit before the final gluing. I might also prime them before I put them together so I can get all the bits. They may not even go together then for packing reasons but we'll see. I may end up getting some Battle Foam to pack all these guys in.

The deathwing has kind of gone on hold for now though it should think about getting another squad of them done soon as the game store I go to is starting a 1500pt leaderboard for all three games. Not sure my empire will be even close come March but I could be ready with my terimes much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment