Monday, February 22, 2010

Slowdown 2.0

I spent last week trying to find a job so I didn't get too much hobbying done. I have a couple projects on the table right now. I've been working on getting the terminator models build for a 2500pt list and that's going pretty well. I have about 5 more models to put together and as many to magnetize and base before I can prime them all. It will end up with 5 squads, two of them assault and the other three as shooty squads. Those points will also include two Raiders, Salmac, and either the Ravenwing squad or a Dreadnought and another Raider. I'll probably test it out with the Ravenwing squad first as I have that all put together and ready to be primed and I want to test out their usefulness as teleport homers.

Also on the table I have most of the Empire box still to put together. The Knight horses are almost done and I've been deciding on what Heros I want to include. I also decided on building a 20 man squad of swordsman as well as a 10 man handgunner squad today. I'll probably invest in a box of Free Company men as a detachment for the swordsmen so I can test that system out. One thing I know I'll want and will definitely pick up is one of the Empire Great Cannon/Mortar boxes. I played with the few dwarfs I have yesterday and it was a real joy to blast away with the cannon so I wanted to get that same thrill in my Empire army. I borrowed a cannon from the store to play with so I had 2 and that was pretty reliable so I may try and fit that in to my list though I might try a mortar as well as they're much more effective at large unit blocks with their large blast template.

Once I get those few units together I should have enough for a 750pt army once I model my warrior priest. He's the model I am most exited about. I'm modeling him from the generals bits from my box. My plan is to models a robe for him out of green stuff. The robe and a hammer as what really differentiate the warrior priest from any of the other figures. I am also going to grab a few bits off the flagellants sprus I got in the box, they have a lot of religious symbols. This should be a small army which is both legal and should allow me to start getting a feel for the empire fighting style.

No comments:

Post a Comment