Sunday, February 7, 2010

Squad 1

I finished the first of my Deathwing squads today and it was easier than I expected. Here they are:
Photobucket

The assembly line worked out well and with an audio book playing in the background, it really ate up the hours. I also tried out a new power weapon design which I really like. I blended the blue and white to get the gradual change, or tried to at least. I like the new pattern for it and I did this on Belials sword as well. I might have to re-do the feather on the assault cannon as well as the rubble on one of the models but besides that I'm pretty happy with them and I think they're definitely tabletop quality at least.

I also took pictures of the dreadnought with it's various load outs. The arms worked out great. Here it is:
Photobucket

Not much to say about that accept that I'm happy to have the options. I did much more detail on this one than any of the ones I got from the Blackreach set and I'm very happy with how it turned out. On both of the two groups of models the worst sections are the flat green and black, they're the least interesting. I did dry brush on both but I don't know that I see it having done enough. Who knows though. I also need to work on the lighting for the models. Maybe I'll read up on how to do that better for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment